Laurence J. Peter Quote

“Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.”

~ Laurence J. Peter

Ratings and Comments

Mike, Norwalk

When democracy fails, there is plenty of blame to go around - starting with a complete lack of comon sense, being involved with democracy in the first place..

jim k, austin

I blame the liberals in congress and the people that vote them in.

  • 1
  • 2
  • Reply
RBESRQ    10/31/08

The most obvious example of the 'Peter Principle' must be the McCain/Palin ticket. I blame the self-centered, greedy, power hungry, fascist, and Christian fundamentalists of the GOP and their corporate buddies. Oops, I forgot the Fed.

E Archer, NYC

In a way, 'democracy' without respect for human rights or the corruption of the definition thereof, is a way to be irresponsible. We vote for representation and demand that they give us something from the government rather than take care of ourselves and insist that our representatives protect our rights to do so unimpeded

Dave Wilber, St. Louis

Democracy is a matter of convincing the multitude that evil is good, that good is evill and that all who resist evil shall be ridiculed and punished. God forbids it Ex.23:2 and the Constitution precludes it, Art.4, Sec.4, The mutitude will ridicule and pounish anyone who refuses to comply with the1st, 2nd or 3rd plank of Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Ken, Allyn, WA

Democracy is the process by which 51% of the population (including a few ACORN registered cartoon characters, pets, and dead people) forces the other 49% to put up with a power hungry narcissist with a god complex who thinks he can fix the holes in our souls with higher taxes.

jim k, Austin

Ken, Allyn, I like it.


Get a Quote-a-Day!

Liberty Quotes sent to your mail box daily.