[1-1] of 1

Posts from pt, or

pt, orpt, or
pt, or

Dr. Adrian Roger’s “Profound Little Paragraph…”
This is a false source
This quote is attributed to Adrian Rogers, in 1931. Since he was born in 1931, it’s doubtful he babbled these words from his crib. Rogers used this quote in a sermon in 1984, but he plagiarized it from Gerald LK Smith, in his magazine, The Cross and the Flag, a right wing, white supremacist magazine known for denying the Holocaust. Google it.
Rogers was a Baptist pastor who served 3 terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention. He was instrumental in the Baptist boycott of that totally un-American institution, Disney, and he forbade his followers from entering the Magic Kingdom or watching movies with such fiendish Communist characters as Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and especially the Little Mermaid.
Also, Dr. Rogers was a not a medical doctor, nor a doctor of economics, nor a doctor of any science, business, or liberal arts. He was a theologian only (although he apparently failed that course on Christ’s 8 Beatitudes).
As to Rogers’ Plagiarized Paragraph:
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.”
First, wealth is a measure of economics. Freedom is a measure of personal politics. Comparing the two is an absurdity. According to Google, the quote falsely attributed to Rogers actually does not reference ‘freedom’. It reads, “You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.” Freedom isn’t mentioned. Legislating the wealthy out of prosperity is a total exaggeration. The richest 1% in this country take in almost 23% of the pre-tax income in this country. Even if the tax code doubled on the richest, they’d still be rich.
“What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.”
National economics is not a one to one zero sum game. Social security is a program that provides benefits to those who retire or to those who can no longer work. The contributions of the majority, not the rich, provides these benefits. Taxes for infrastructure and schools benefit everyone, including business commerce. If you don’t like that, drive home on your private road.

“When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.”
This is not the way our country works, and there’s no government system designed to work that way. In fact, the truth in America right now is that the richest 1% don’t have to work, because they benefit from the labor of the other 99%. Bloomberg published an article on August 10, 2019, that reported that, The 25 wealthiest dynasties on the planet control $1.4 trillion. The Waltons increase their wealth at a mind-boggling rate: $70,000 per minute, $4 million per hour, $100 million per day.” The group that is not working is the ultra-wealthy.
“You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

Absolutely untrue. If one million dollars is stashed away in a bank vault, it produces no products and generates no tax revenue. It is worth exactly 1 million dollars. If that same capital is distributed to 100 people, those people spend that money on products, creating jobs for those who made the products and jobs for those who market the products. That spreads wealth and grows the economy.
Be careful of what you read!

Get a Quote-a-Day!

Liberty Quotes sent to your mail box daily.