James MadisonJames Madison, (1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President

James Madison Quote

“The legislative department is everywhere extending the sphere of its activity and drawing all power into its impetuous vortex.”

James MadisonJames Madison
~ James Madison

Federalist No. 48, February 1, 1788

Ratings and Comments

Bobble, No. Ferrisburgh, VT

Except the current 'legislative department:' neither ( actually, none ) of the "parties" (individual nor collective, right, left or center ) seem as active as some of us would like.

Mike, Norwalk

The same can be said of the executive and judicial. The impetuous vortex is ever becoming a more totalitarian tyrant.

jim k, Austin

Look to D.C. for proof.

Ronw13, Yachats OR

If I can take 20 % and entice 20%, over throw 10% I've gained 50%, What is your point ! Constructive Fraud !! 30% by Cruz at the lure of Romes vote, leaves 70% Protestants for Liberty divided at the moment. Christians for Liberty Unite ! Rome falls, of her own accord !! Sides are drawn ! Bobble is, on point !

E Archer, NYC

It's only about money and power now. Who is going to get access to the government's unlimited credit line, and who is going to pay the interest? The actual debt is never paid because that money is needed in circulation. The US government can only survive if it continues to create money out of nothing to give to those that will keep the politicians in power. Instead of letting the system crash, it is regulated into 'crunches' focused in specific areas to get rid of the hot potato. Greece is one of the latest sacrifices. Who will be next?


Get a Quote-a-Day!

Liberty Quotes sent to your mail box daily.